Earlier this year, Khalid, a reader, wrote to us to share his ICSE Class 10 notes for History and Civics. He has contributed notes for all chapters of History and for the most part of Civics. In this post, we have shared with you his notes for Civics.
The contents of the notes comprise topics (including powers, functions, qualifications, etc. where applicable) under the following broad heads:
- The Union Parliament and Parliamentary Procedure
- The Lok Sabha, including the Speaker
- The Rajya Sabha
- The President and the Vice – President
- The Prime Minister, the Council of Ministers, and the Cabinet
We have to say that Khalid’s notes are very neat with reader-friendly presentation of the theory in concise points. You will certainly enjoy going through his study notes while preparing for your History and Civics Board Exam!
Here’s his accompanying message:
This is the notes that I prepared for my ICSE examinations in 2018. Please keep in mind the following points:
1. Except for the Judiciary in Civics, I have prepared notes for every chapter in History and Civics.
2. In doing so, I have observed a strict adherence to the syllabus. So I apologise in advance if this Notes seems to be too bookish.
3. The following sources have been extensively used : Total History and Civics, Morning Star and Modern Indian History and Contemporary World, APC.
4. The basic work that this notes will do is to reduce the amount of content that you have to learn. If you took a highlighter and highlighted everything that is important from an exam point of view, then all these notes are the highlighted part.
5. In many places, I have compromised grammar for brevity. Also a lot of abbreviations like Govn for government are used.
6. I hope you find this useful.
Thank you ICSE Helper, for giving me a chance to help.
Thank you, Khalid, for giving back to this community. I’m sure all of our readers will benefit from your notes! 🙂
Here’s a link to download the PDF file for the above-mentioned notes:
You may print these notes through the PDF file and refer to them for your personal use as required. You are forbidden to reproduce any part of these notes without our prior permission. For more information, please contact us or go through our copyright policy.
Let us know your feedback on Khalid’s revision notes by rating it on the 5-star scale given above and leaving a comment in the Comments section below. We look forward to reading your thoughts!
Also see the following study notes for the ICSE Class 10 History & Civics Board Exams: