And we’re back post our one-month leave!
A hearty Namaste to all our readers.
In this post, we are sharing notes on Indian History as per the syllabus for the ICSE Class 10 Board Exams. These notes have been contributed by reader Khalid, who just gave his ICSE Class 10 Board Exams 2018.
The contents of the notes comprise the following topics involving the Indian National Movement and the Mass Phase of the National Movement:
- The First War of Independence, 1857 including its various causes (political, economic, social, religious, etc.) and consequences
- Factors leading to Indian Nationalism
- First Phase of the Indian National Movement, i.e. Early Nationalism and important leaders/reformers
- Second Phase of the Indian National Movement, i.e. Assertive Nationalism and important movements, organizations, leaders, etc.
- Mahatma Gandhi and the Non-cooperation Movement, the Rowlatt Act, the Quit India Movement, etc.
and much more!
As we mentioned in our previous post where we shared Khalid’s notes for ICSE Class 10 Civics, we have to reiterate that his notes are neat and presented in a reader-friendly manner in concise points. You will definitely enjoy going through his study notes while preparing for your History and Civics Board Exam!
Here is the message that he wishes to share with fellow readers of the blog:
These are the notes that I prepared for my ICSE examinations in 2018. Please keep in mind the following points:
1. Except for the Judiciary in Civics, I have prepared notes for every chapter in History and Civics.
2. In doing so, I have observed a strict adherence to the syllabus. So I apologize in advance if these notes seem to be too bookish.
3. The following sources have been extensively used : Total History and Civics, Morning Star and Modern Indian History and Contemporary World, APC.
4. The basic work that this notes will do is reduce the amount of content that you have to learn. If you took a highlighter and highlighted everything that is important from an exam point of view, then all of these notes are the highlighted part.
5. In many places, I have compromised grammar for brevity. Also, a lot of abbreviations like “Govn” for “government” have been used.
6. I hope you find this useful.
Thank you ICSE Helper for giving me a chance to help.
Thank you, Khalid, for willing to help out fellow students! Your notes will truly benefit all readers. 🙂
Here’s a link to download the PDF file for the above-mentioned notes:
You may print these notes through the PDF file and refer to them for your personal use as required. You are forbidden to reproduce any part of these notes without our prior permission. For more information, please contact us or go through our copyright policy.
Let us know your feedback on Khalid’s revision notes by rating it on the 5-star scale given above and leaving a comment in the Comments section below.
Note: We have done our best to improve the clarity, however, readers are requested to leave a comment in case they find the notes difficult to read. Though do note that greater clarity will come at the cost of a greater file size and therefore, loading time.
Also see the following study notes to help you ace your ICSE History Board Exam 2019: